SurveyBods

Monday 24 February 2014

How to make your student loan go further so you can do more career-orientated things?!

Being a student is expensive, especially if you careers orientated like me. There are expenses involved with volunteering, attending talks and attending assessment centres (although most companies do reimburse you, it is after the fact). So, how do I make my student loan stretch further so I can do all these things!?
  • ·         Get yourself a NUS card. From £12 it saves you loads on money on the things you would normally buy
  • ·         Get yourself a 16-25 railcard. Snap this us as you won’t be this age forever! This comes in real handy when attending assessment centres or conferences which are usually in London or Birmingham
  • ·         Ever used cash-back sites? Before I purchase anything, I look whether the shop is on Quidco or TopCashBack. These are free to join and give you cash-back on purchases that you can either have back a Tesco points, Amazon vouchers (good for university books) or straight-forward money.
  • ·         Coupons! My friends laugh at me about all the free events, samples and coupons that I get. Having discounts or free days out saves money for petrol, clothing costs and food associated with attending events. I always look on The National Trust website for events and events put on by the local council such as The Love Festival
  • ·         Get free samples to test and leave feedback! I am signed up to Bzz Agent which sends you free samples (this month it is four full sized bottles of Frizzi) and all I have to do is post reviews on Facebook!



These are my own personal steps/opinions and are not endorsed by the Careers Department or the SU. If any student needs financial advice, please visit First Point to book an appointment with a financial advisor.

No comments:

Post a Comment