SurveyBods

Thursday 3 October 2013

How do I make myself a 'well-rounded' student?

"Have you ever heard 'a degree is not enough?' This is what I heard before I started university and continuously ever since! This got me thinking, 'how can I find the time to get a good degree and do all these extra-curricular activities?'Good time-management. It is a challenge but is vital to show employers that you have transferable skills such as good communication skills, analytical skills and the ability to manage your time. All of these can be developed through a wide range of activities that the university promotes. Student societies and sports clubs, V-record, The Worcester Award, StAR- Accreditation scheme, Part-time jobs. I would strongly recommend that students attend the 'Get Involved' event during the first Worcester Week on Monday, October 21 at 12:00pm The Pear Tree in Worcester, Worcestershire to find out what you could do! These experiences are good for answering competency based questions at interviews. The more you do, the more examples you can use using the STAR technique. If you were a recruiter, would you choose the candidate that only had a degree or degree plus extra-curricular activities?

No comments:

Post a Comment